Deliver Us is Darkest Hour’s fifth studio album. It was released on July of 2007 through Victory Records. Again gathering international critical aclaim the album debuted at number 110 on the US Billboard album charts. Produced, mixed, and engineered again by Devin Townsend at Greenhouse Stuido’s, Vancouver BC over a 6 week period in March 2007. Deliver Us takes the sound of Undoing Ruin to is next logical (and climatic) step. Later that same year Darkest Hour would film a music video for the song “Demon(s). With the widespread success of the record “Sanctuary” was featured in the video game, Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground. Demon(s) was featured in Guitar Hero 5 as well as on the hit HBO serries True Blood. Doomsayer was made available in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock through the Darkest Hour Track Pack, the last to be Guitar Hero game to be released through Activision. It features original artwork by John Baizley. A bonus track “Closing on the Day” appears on an exclusive Best Buy packaged version of the record.
- Recorded between March 1, 2007 – April 1, 2007 at Greenhouse Studios in Vancouver, Canada.
- The album was produced, mixed and engineered by Devin Townsend.
- Townsend contributed guitar work on the track “Full Imperial Collapse”.
- Engineered by Dean Maher.
- Mastered by UE Nastasi.
- John Henry – vocals
- Kris Norris – guitar
- Mike Schleibaum – guitar
- Paul Burnette – bass
- Ryan Parrish – drums
The song “Demon(s)” can be heard in the episode “Escape from Dragon House” of HBO’s True Blood. It is also a playable track in Guitar Hero 5.
- “Deliver Us – Darkest Hour”. Allmusic.
- “CD Reviews”. Blabbermouth.net.
- “Darkest Hour – Deliver Us”. Punknews.org.
- “Darkest Hour – Deliver Us”. Sputnikmusic.
- Blabbermouth.net, “Smashing Pumpkins, Darkest Hour, Danzig, Beatallica First-Week Sales Revealed”, Posted July 18, 2007.
- “Darkest Hour Track Pack”. Microsoft. 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2011-04-12.